- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 soft taco shells
- ¼ C guacamole
- 1 ½ C iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1C frozen corn, thawed
- ½ C red cabbage, finely chopped
- Top with salsa verde, lime juice, or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay your rinsed chickpeas onto a clean tea towel. Fold one end of the towel over to gently dab until the chickpeas are dry. This is also a useful method to remove the chickpeas’ outer skins, but your fingers are just as accurate (it depends on your level of patience).
- Spread chickpeas into a single layer on the baking sheet, and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway, until they’re crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for seasoning. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime zest and juice, and salt. Set aside.
- When the chickpeas are to your desired crispiness, remove them from the oven, and place them into the sauce. Mix until evenly coated, and set aside until you’re ready to put your taco’s together.
- To prepare your tacos, spread a tablespoon of guacamole onto your soft taco shell. Spread around with a spoon, being careful not to get too close to the edges.
- Add lettuce, roasted chickpeas, corn, and red cabbage.
- Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro, for a kick, add salsa verde.
Keywords: Roasted Chickpea Tacos