Weekly updates will be a regular feature on the blog as I prepare to compete in The Diva Classic on May 5th, 2018 in Duluth, MN.
My personal trainer, Cindy wanted to compete in the figure division (she’s competed twice before), but it wasn’t in the cards for her this time around. ?
Not sure of the difference? Check out this mega post that breaks it all down for ya!
Read on to see how I faired over the last week and what’s coming up this week:
4 Weeks to Go
Being a fan of tangibly being able to measure my progress, here’s a snapshot of where I’m at in pictures:
Left: I take weekly progress photos with my Instax cameras by Fujifilm (plus my phone), so I can physically see my progress during competition prep.
Bottom Right: I weigh myself weekly using an old digital scale from my days working for Jenny Craig (here’s a similar one) – I’ve always had a strong interest in health and fitness and helping others become their best selves.
People have been asking me lately if I really need to lose more weight.
The short answer? Yep!
I’m shooting for at least 139 (I’m 5’9) and 15% body fat. We’re getting closer and it seems possible!
What happened over the last week:
To keep things nice and to the point, I’m going to offer up a list of highlights/lowlights bullet-point style:
- I’m continuing to lose weight – over two more pounds this last week alone!
- My body fat is trending in the right direction – just 3% to go.
- We scheduled a photoshoot for the week before the competition – I’m excited to get some great shots.
- I had posing classes! I’ll be going back in two weeks – Heather (my coach) was super encouraging and I seemed to do well, but since I’ve never been a cheerleader, in dance, etc. I think one more session would be helpful!
- My home/work schedules are getting fuller, making fitting in meal prep and the gym a lot harder. I missed my workout on Wednesday, but will hopefully make it up today.
- I treated myself to my last? cheat meal yesterday – a mushroom cheeseburger, YUM!
- I was also extremely crabby/depleted yesterday (before the cheeseburger) – prepping for a competition is no joke… lately I’m wondering what I got myself into!
Pssst… Cindy and I are doing regular video updates via our Facebook page – check em out here!
What’s coming up this week:
As I write this, we’re 27 days out from competition. That’s crazy!!
I have a bit to do yet, namely:
- Continue showing up in the gym and adding in more cardio and booty band work.
- Scheduling my hair/makeup for show day.
- Hopefully losing ~10 more pounds and 3%+ body fat.
- Practicing posing every day and attending my next 1:1 session with Heather.
- Further honing in on my diet – I think eating more often could help!
- Rocking our photo shoot.
- Not losing my mind. ?
Here’s to another very successful week!
Are you currently working towards a specific fitness goal? Tell us all about it in the comments, so we can cheer each other on!