Weekly updates will be a regular feature on the blog as I prepare to compete in The Diva Classic on May 5th, 2018 in Duluth, MN.
My personal trainer, Cindy wanted to compete in the figure division (she’s competed twice before), but it wasn’t in the cards for her this time around. ?
Not sure of the difference? Check out this mega post that breaks it all down for ya!
Read on to see how I fared over the last week and what’s coming up this week:
3 Weeks to Go
Being a fan of tangibly being able to measure my progress, here’s a snapshot of where I’m at in pictures:
Left: I take weekly progress photos with my Instax cameras by Fujifilm (plus my phone), so I can physically see my progress during competition prep.
Bottom Right: I weigh myself weekly using an old digital scale from my days working for Jenny Craig (here’s a similar one) – I’ve always had a strong interest in health and fitness and helping others become their best selves.
Do I really need to lose more weight?
The short answer? Yep!
I’m shooting for at least 139 (I’m 5’9) and 15% body fat. I’m on track for the weightloss, but need the body fat part to cooperate a bit more!
What happened over the last week:
To keep things nice and to the point, I’m going to offer up a list of highlights/lowlights bullet-point style:
- I lost a pound and a half in the last week – would have liked for it to be closer to two, but I’ll take it!
- My body fat percentage is slightly higher than last week – this has happened before, so I’m not worried, but it’s a little weird right?
- I started a new eating plan on Wednesday – it’s intense, but I’m getting used to it and think it’s working, so I’ll stick with it! It consists of a lot of lean protein (whitefish, chicken, etc.) and either broccoli or asparagus. Oatmeal in the morning, a little brown rice in with dinner and a few protein shakes throughout. #Thrilling ?
- For the most part my workouts are going well, I’m just having to get creative with getting them all in. I typically go to the gym from 8:30-10am M-F, which accounts for one hour of strength (with some cardio thrown in) and a separate 20-30 min cardio session. Since I now have to do doubles a few days a week and booty bands, it’s been a real challenge to fit it all in.
- I scheduled my tanning, hair and makeup for the show – that stuff ain’t cheap! But hopefully I’ll look like a superstar and it’ll all be worth it. ?
Pssst… Cindy and I are doing regular video updates via our Facebook page – check em out here!
What’s coming up this week:
Continuing my new diet and fitting in all of the exercise will be my top priority this week.
My suit is also in, so Friday will be filled with a final fitting and one last posing session. Things are coming together and most plans are set, so it’s now just staying the course. With ~20 days to go, it should be doable!
Here’s to another very successful week!
Are you currently working towards a specific fitness goal? Tell us all about it in the comments, so we can cheer each other on!