Weekly updates will be a regular feature on the blog for the next few months. My personal trainer, Cindy and I are competing in The Diva Classic on May 5th, 2018 in Duluth, MN.
She’ll be competing in the figure division and I’ll be doing bikini, so there’s no direct competition between the two of us! ? Read on to see how I faired over the last week and what’s coming up this week.
Pssst… Here are my five top reasons for wanting to compete in my first bikini competition.
13 Weeks to Go
Being a fan of tangibly being able to measure my progress, here’s a snapshot of where I’m at in pictures:
Left: I take weekly progress photos with my Instax cameras by Fujifilm (plus my phone), so I can physically see my progress during competition prep.
Top right: I weigh myself weekly using an old digital scale from my days working for Jenny Craig (here’s a similar one) – I’ve always had a strong interest in health and fitness and helping others become their best selves.
What happened over the last week:
To keep things nice and to the point, I’m going to offer up a list of highlights/lowlights bullet-point style:
- I got my head back in the game when it came to eating right and logging my workouts – we were company-free for almost the entire week, which helped a ton!
- I’m continuing to KILL IT at the gym shooting for six workouts per week (I think I only logged five though?).
- My FitBit shows me that I averaged about 15,000 steps per day, resulting in about 50 miles last week. I ? running barefoot on the beach!
- I’m almost back down to my lowest weight so far.
- Better yet? I’m at my lowest body fat percentage EVER! ?
- In addition to walking/running the beach every day (it’s about 3.5 miles round trip), I’ve added HIIT sprint intervals to the end of half of my workouts – I’m up to 10 sets of 60 seconds on (7.5-10mph) and 30 seconds off (0mph).
Pssst… Cindy and I are doing regular updates via our Facebook page – check em out here!
What’s coming up this week:
I’m using my brand new SELF Journal to track my workouts, my food and plan my days.
I’m actually considering working out as part of my “job” (I’m self-employed and you can learn more about what I do here).
My main objectives this week are:
- Track my food
- Consistently drink my protein shake post workouts
- Drink less wine! ?
- And continue killing it in my workouts
Predicting the Future
As always, a lot of this is going to come down to my diet, which is one big reason that I’m blogging publicly about it. #AccountabilityForTheWin!
The next 13 weeks will go by fast! But as long as I log my workouts, hone in on my nutrition and stop pretending that I’m “on vacation,” I should be good to go.
I’d love to return from Texas at 155 – 4.5lbs to go! That’s down from my initial 10 pound loss goal, but more realistic now that I realize how challenging it is!
To a very successful upcoming week!
Are you currently working towards a specific fitness goal? Tell us all about it in the comments, so we can cheer each other on!